Do you want to catch more fish? This is where you want to look for the best sonar fish finders, Chartplotters, GPS fish finder combos and portable fish finders that will put you on top for a big catch. Come in and take a look at the variety of fish finders that eliminate the hassle of finding a place to wet your line. The difference between fishing and catching fish is a good, quality fish finder which is a great way to take the guesswork out of fishing for a successful and exciting trip.
If you are fishing on shore, there are portable fish finders that attach to the handle of your rod that tells you where to cast your line. Fishing from a dock there are portable fish finders with an ergonomic clamp that mounts virtually anywhere. When you buy one of the sonar fish finders or one of the portable fish finders from us you know you are getting the quality you expect from the best brands and the confidence in your ability to catch what you are looking for!
When you are out on the water the potential for a big catch is there. With your sonar fish finder or portable fish finder you can reach that goal and this could be your next trip! From the leading manufacturers, you can choose from the best and most popular sonar fish finders on the market and also discover portable fish finders for those who are on land. You can discover how sonar fish finders and portable fish finders work so you will have the knowledge to choose the best sonar fish finder or portable fish finder that fits into your budget.
We offer some of the best fish finders and portable fish finders on the market today!!
- 1 Major Brands of Fishfinders:
- 2 Best Rated 10 Fish Finders
- 2.1 Garmin Striker 4 CHIRP SONAR / GPS Fish Finder
- 2.2 iBobber Wireless Bluetooth Smart Fish Finder
- 2.3 Humminbird HELIX 5 SI Fish Finder with Side-Imaging and GPS
- 2.4 Deeper Smart Sonar PRO+ Fish Finder
- 2.5 Venterior VT-FF001 Portable Fish Finder with Wired Sonar Sensor Transducer
- 2.6 Humminbird Helix 9 SI GPS KVD Fish Finder
- 2.7 Lowrance Hook-3X Sonar Fish Finder
- 2.8 Marcum LX-7 Ice Fishing Sonar System Fish Finder
- 2.9 Humminbird HELIX 5 DI GPS Fish Finder with Down-Imaging
- 2.10 Raymarine Dragonfly 5 Pro Fish Finder
- 3 Best Fish Finders Buying Guide
Major Brands of Fishfinders:
Humminbird Fish Finders
Humminbird fish finders are the biggest name in the business. They’ve been around for over 30 years providing top of the line fish finders, depth sounders, radios, and GPS systems. Produced and manufactured in the USA, they continue to recieve top marks and reviews by fishermen everywhere. They stay on the leading edge of technology and have excellent craftsmanship.
Garmin Fish Finders
They are most recognized by there products in the GPS market, but also provide top quality fish finders. Garmin International Inc. designs, manufactures, and markets navigation and communications equipment for the aviation and consumer markets.
Lowrance Fish Finders
Lowrance is a world leader when it comes to design and manufacture of sport fishing SONAR and GPS (global positioning systems). Lowrance, a designer and manufacturer of Sonar, GPS and Aviation instruments, got its start in Joplin, Missouri in 1957. Lowrance has established a global distribution network, encompassing more than 1,500 domestic dealers, distributors, mass merchants and original equipment manufacturers in the U.S., as well as sales distribution outlets in 53 countries worldwide.
Norcross Hawkeye Fish Finders
They specialize in the portable fishfinder. Their F33P model has been getting good reviews. Don’t forget to check them out if your looking for a portable fishfinder.
Raymarine Fish Fİnders
Raymarine is the worlds leading manufacturer of Recreational Marine Electronics including Marine Radar, Multifunction Displays, Fishfinders, Autopilots and more. Formerly existing as the Recreational Marine Division of Raytheon (NYSE: RTN), Raymarine was formed as a company in 2001 after a management buyout, which included the rebranding of all products. Look at their product for upper end fishfinders.
Eagle Fish Finders
Eagle has been designing and building top quality fish finders since 1982. Eagle Fish Finders are made by Lowrance with the same quality and most of the features but a low price tag. Eagle Fish finders are the best price performance fish finders on the market.
Furuno Fish Finders
Furuno has designed, manufactured marine electronics for the past 50 years. Recreational & Commercial Monochrome and color fish finders for any size boat ranging in power output from 300 Watts to 3,000 Watts. They sell a high grade fish finder, provide a nice range of boating accessory technology/price solutions for the fish finder shopper. Don’t forget to compare the reviews of Furuno with the other major brands.
Best Rated 10 Fish Finders
Garmin Striker 4 CHIRP SONAR / GPS Fish Finder
Garmin Striker 4 GPS Fish Finder Specifications
- The Garmin striker 4 fish finder uses clear vu scanning sonar which detects the presence of fish my monitoring a large area in the sea. It uses high frequency sonar, which produces near-photographic image that reflects the transparent representation of objects, fish type, and the structure of the objects detected.
- The device is designed to easily stay in control. Dedicated buttons, keyed interface, and convenient installation process is what makes the use of the device too easy. Hence making the product one of the best fish finders for sale.
- This fish finder for sale is equipped with a waypoint map which helps the user to conveniently locate the objects and navigate the other equipments accordingly.
- The availability of CHIRP Sonar works while sending continuous frequencies as soon as the objects are detected in the sea. This provides better arch separation enabling more productivity.
- The built-in flasher provides a classic flasher format through which you could successfully perform vertical jigging or ice fishing
Garmin Striker 4 Fish Finder Pros and Cons
Garmin Striker 4 Pros
- High sensitivity GPS produces quick and efficient results.
- It allows quick and easy keypad operations, for controlling which; you do not require any kind of expertise.
- Equipped with CHIRP sonar transducer, which transmits 200 W RMS power to let you quickly catch fished.
- It allows you to check the speed on screen, and make alterations using the convenient keypad options.
- The product comes with a backup battery, to enhance the performance and service durability.
Garmin Striker 4 Cons
- Direct sunlight on the display could lead to blurred vision.
iBobber Wireless Bluetooth Smart Fish Finder
iBobber Bluetooth Smart Fish Finder Specifications
- This fish finder launched by iBobber works on patented sonar fish finder technology which is accredited to deliver promising results.
- It is equipped with LED beacon which makes the vision clearer.
- The use of rechargeable battery and indicator light reflecting the charge status is what makes this product the best fish finder. The battery equipped in the device holds 10 hrs backup.
- The availability of sonar readings hold the capacity to penetrate in to the depth of approximately 135 feet.
- It comes with 2 snap swivels, which allows you to use the device to be used as either fish finder or bobber.
- It comes with an option to be controlled and monitored through the mobile app available on iOS and Android.
Tagged as one of the best fish finder 2017, as the product have multiple advantages over other competitors, these include the following;
iBobber Fish Finder Pros and Cons
- Easily movable and compact in size.
- Allows convenient set up options, which could be conveniently travelled from one place to another.
- Control the device from your mobile from a distance of approximately 100 feet.
- Low power Bluetooth connectivity is enabled.
- Holds the capacity to penetrate up to 135 feet underneath water..
- Portable Fish Finder
- Protect your mobile phone once you are using it in compliance with the fish finder device. Use waterproof case to prevent the probable damage.
Humminbird HELIX 5 SI Fish Finder with Side-Imaging and GPS
Humminbird HELIX 5 SI GPS Fish Finder Specifications
- This fish finder for sale allows is designed to let the user get 3D quality image output, which offers the option to zoom in at the desired depth. This allows a clear vision of what lies beneath the keel, and you can immediately drop your hook on the object.
- The complete power of 4000 W allows you to take the deepest dive through this fish finder. For fish categories that swim in the deepest dark corners of the sea, this equipment proves to be of great advantage.
- This product allows you to add additional mappings and chart packs through which you could extend your fishing venues, while not limiting yourself to a set of locations.
- This fish finder for sale 2017 brings multiple options which make fishing easier, quick, and technologically advanced. The device could be operated through convenient options, which do not demand any kind of expertise.
Humminbird HELIX 5 SI Fish Finder Pros and Cons
Humminbird HELIX 5 SI Pros
- The 3D viewing option enhances the output, and hence increases the product’s worth.
- Offers the best fish finder GPS combo to suit all your fishing needs.
- Produces the most accurate and reliable results, for fishing at multiple locations.
- Switch to different fishing spots, using it variable options.
- The control panel is easy to operate, providing you excessive ways through which you get a chance to enhance your fishing experience.
Humminbird HELIX 5 SI Cons
- This fish finder is not found to work with full capacity in shallow water, and this could be tagged as one of the cons that follow the use.
The product doesn’t really possess any disadvantages. The users till date have been found to be majorly satisfied with the results.
Deeper Smart Sonar PRO+ Fish Finder
Deeper Smart PRO+ Fish Finder Specifications
- This fish finder is wireless, and could be moved to any location easily. Be it any lake, pond, river, or ocean, you could use this fish finder for sale at any place.
- You could use this product for a continuous 5 and half hours. You could again recharge the battery on the go.
- One of this fish finder for both salt water and fresh water. It has the capacity to work anywhere.
- Built-in GPS allows you to locate the destinations easily.
- It comes with built-in Wi-Fi connections which saves your phone data for other emergency needs.
Deeper Sonar PRO+ Pros and Cons
Deeper Sonar PRO+ Pros
- This fish finder for sale comes with built-in Wi-Fi connection that protects your phone data from being sucked up.
- It brings with itself the option of Bathymetric maps which can be downloaded and used conveniently in your mobile and tablet devices.
- You could use this fish finder for boat fishing, kayak fishing, shore fishing, and ice fishing as well.
- Light weight of 3.5 ounces, makes the device easy to use and port.
- Comes with a castable GPS.
- It allows you to see the colored sonar picture in your mobile device.
Deeper Sonar PRO+ Cons
- This fish finder doesn’t works well in shallow water.
- It could be used only with one mobile device at one time.
- The device has to be submerged half way in water, otherwise it doesn’t work with that perfection.
Venterior VT-FF001 Portable Fish Finder with Wired Sonar Sensor Transducer
Venterior VT-FF001 Portable Fish Finder Specifications
- This fish finder is meant to detect weeds of all sizes, water depth, approx fish location, rocks on sea bed, sand, and other objects that are found underneath the sea.
- It comes with a round transducer which is made using 25 ft cable, which might be removed when not in need. It is meant for fishing purposes on a boat, on the dock or also for ice fishing.
- This fish finder for sale could be used in different fishing areas including sea, river, lake or other different fishing environment.
- The different features allowed with the product include;
- Battery saving more
- Backlight mode
- 5 user selectable sensitivity
- Measurement unit
- Fish alarm
- It is equipped with waterproof transmitter, while the screen receiver is not waterproof, and hence you would have to take good care of the product to protect the same form the damage caused due to water spillage.
- If the depth display gets a continuous 5 minute reading as “—“, the device would automatically switch off.
Venterior VT-FF001 Fish Finder Pros and Cons
Venterior Portable Fish Finder Pros
- Compatible with all kind of fishing locations, this fish finder is meant to solve the fishing needs of all locations.
- Multiple features accompanied with the product allow you to have an enhanced fishing experience.
- Waterproof transmitter elongates the life of the fish finder.
- The device comes with an automatic switch off feature.
Venterior Portable Fish Finder Cons
- Doesn’t works accurately in extremely cold weather conditions. Make sure to keep the device at a temperature above 0 degree.
- It doesn’t perform well in muddy water and strong waves.
- It only reflects the location of the fishes, and doesn’t draw any attention on the size and type of the fish.
Humminbird Helix 9 SI GPS KVD Fish Finder
Humminbird Helix 9 SI GPS Fish Finder Specifications
- This fish finder is equipped with amazing technologies including switch fire sonar, down imaging and side imaging.
- The display is made 9 inches in size, which reflects images in the most clear and accurate form. It comes with the split screen feature, that
- It is designed including dual card slots, which enhances the productivity of the task performed by the fish finder.
- It comes with a built-in Auto Chart Live feature, which allows you to customize your own map.
- Produces image in high quality with the resolution of 800 x 480 pixels.
Humminbird Helix 9 SI Fish Finder Pros and Cons
Humminbird Helix 9 SI Pros
- It allows you to build your own maps, apart from the ones that are already registered with the device.
- High quality output produced enhances the performance of this fish finder.
- You can have access to both the down imaging and side imaging.
- Wide display creates clearer pictures
Humminbird Helix 9 SI Cons
- Works efficiently in fresh water, in muddy water the performance gets degraded.
Lowrance Hook-3X Sonar Fish Finder
Lowrance Hook-3X Fish Finder Specifications
- Colored LED 3 inch display which produces image in 320 x 240 resolutions, it allows you to clearly see the image in wide angles and also in the sunlight.
- You get broadband sounder along with the fish finder; this allows you to conveniently identify the bottom hardness, fish targets, structure detail, bottom contour, thermodines and other objects.
- You could adjust the settings to manual using advanced signal processing, which adjusts to let you clearly see the fish, bottom detail, and the structure.
- The dual frequency operations let you have a wider angle approach beneath the boat.
Lowrance Hook-3X Sonar Fish Finder Pros and Cons
Lowrance Hook-3X Pros
- This fish finder package comes in a convenient package which could be easily moved from one place to another.
- High resolution good quality image displayed, lets you have better results.
- Dual frequency feature allows you to see through a wider angle.
- Change the settings using manual setting option.
- It lets you conveniently identify the objects under the sea using broadband sounder
Lowrance Hook-3X Cons
- The efficiency of the device in shallow water is questionable. And hence, you should consider it before buying.
Marcum LX-7 Ice Fishing Sonar System Fish Finder
Marcum LX-7 Ice Fish Finder Specifications
- This fish finder for sale comes with 8-inch LCD display through which you could have a clearer vision of the fishes, their types, and other objects present underneath the sea.
- The product allows you to choose the output color variations amongst 4 options.
- The dashboard is made user friendly allowing you to select different options including range, depth, interference rejection, gain, battery voltage, target adjust etc.
- The view that you see, could be switched to different options including flasher dial, column vertical, vertical zoom, and horizontal graph.
- This fish finder 2017 is equipped with sonar footprint technology, which allows you to view the scene in the cone range of 8 to 20 degrees.
- It reveals images in as fast as .02 seconds.
- Maximum image detail is revealed using the dynamic depth interface, which is meant to locks the distance found amid depth and water column.
Marcum LX-7 Fish Finder Pros and Cons
Marcum LX-7 Pros
- Comes with adjustable screen brightness, color and backlighting.
- You see clear images on the display.
- Quick sonar readings are displayed.
- It comes with 5 different window displays, where you get to see any 3 of them simultaneously.
- It allows you to update the fish finder software, whenever you find a suitable update available.
- The product displays a user friendly dashboard, which present easy operation methods.
- Comes with 2 year warranty.
Marcum LX-7 Cons
- The battery connectors could create several problems; hence make sure to tighten them to avoid such issues.
Humminbird HELIX 5 DI GPS Fish Finder with Down-Imaging
Humminbird HELIX 5 DI GPS Fish Finder Specifications
- The combination of sonar facilities with dual beam allows a wider coverage for the device. You can conveniently switch between the wide and narrow beams for advanced fishing options.
- The availability of RMS electronic energy allows this fish finder to come up with clear and high quality image output.
- Cover the distance from multiple angles, this enhances your fishing experience and allows you to produce maximum output.
- The product is equipped with an internal GPS antenna, which detects your present position and also informs you about the speed in which you are proceeding.
Humminbird HELIX 5 DI Fish Finder Pros and Cons
Humminbird HELIX 5 DI Pros
- It offers better features at lowest possible prices.
- Reflects image in high resolution, which makes the sight more clear and understandable.
- It comes with a plastic gimbal mount, which is too easy to install.
- Equipped with GPS technologically, that allows you to access the map which keeps you intact touch with the locations.
Humminbird HELIX 5 DI Cons
- The depth limit to which this fish finder would work in 200 feet, below which the device wouldn’t mark the fishes well.
- This may not get the maximum cartography benefits, where for enhanced services you will have to invest in an advanced device version.
- Maps of European waters are not included, which brings another negative point with the device.
Raymarine Dragonfly 5 Pro Fish Finder
Raymarine Dragonfly 5 Fish Finder Specifications
- It includes 5-inch All-weather, high definition LED backlit display, an optically-bonded display for sharp color, wide viewing angles, and no internal fogging.
- The dual-channel sonar –wide-spectrum CHIRP DownVision sonar allows photo-like images and a second CHIRP conventional sonar channel for targeting fish.
- It is possible to stream live sonar data to your smartphone with Raymarine’s Wi-Fish mobile app. It is possible to rewind, save and share the day’s catch with fish with friends on your social networks through the Wi-Fish app.
- More mounting options for the removable mounting ball is compatible with aftermarket ball and socket mounting systems.
- Capacity to store 3000 waypoints and 15 tracks. Optional MicroSD memory cards can be used for expanded storage.
- It contains 50-Channel GPS which delivers precision guidance.
- Better deepwater solution and high-speed tracking.
- It is also compatible with optional Navionics and Raymarine Lighthouse format char
Raymarine Dragonfly 5 Pro Chirp Fish Finder Pros and Cons
Raymarine Dragonfly 5 Pro Pros
- Bright screen and can be used in the full sun.
- It identifies fish in shallow water as well as deep water.
- The wi-fi capability which allows sharing screen data on smartphones and tablets.
- Crystal clear imaging.
Raymarine Dragonfly 5 Pro Cons
- Booting the device up may take a while.
- The fingerprints on the screen may cause a bit of a problem.
- The transducer sticks out approximately 6 inches.
Best Fish Finders Buying Guide
|FishFinder Buying Guide|
|The Transducer And Cone Angles|
|Sonar Update Speed|
Fishing on the water demands a quality fishfinder, that’s a known fact amongst any anglers today, but to make a good decision on what type of machine you need is another matter altogether. The market includes Chartplotters, portables, combo units etc., so let’s start from the bottom and learn about the technology before you go out and purchase.
The old technology is called sonar is what every fishfinder operates by. A sonar produces a sound wave-shaped as a cone and goes straight down to the bottom. It is also called a beam, and when this beam hits a structure or fish it reflects back and is registered and displayed on your screen. The unit measures the time the sound wave was sent and received, calculates the difference and “paints” the object on the screen.
Today’s machines have several features to consider and you should have at least a working knowledge of them so you purchase a machine that suits your specific needs. Think about the type of fishing you do, you do not need a high-end Chartplotter when you are actually fishing in small lakes.
LCD displays are measured in pixels and as in photos, the more pixels the clearer and better display. The type of display you choose is most important to pay close attention to different models and their specific features. There is two main types of displays, color display and grey scale LCD`s. Be aware of that some greyscale displays make it even easier to read your display and determine what structures and what are actual fish. The costs can be held down considerably by picking the right display.
The Transducer And Cone Angles
A transducer is a unit that turns the electrical signal from your transmitter to sound waves and beams it out in the shape of a cone. It is attached to the fishfinder with a thin cable and it operates with a certain cone angle which simply is the wideness of coverage in the water. The higher the cone angle, the greater the coverage. The cone angles vary from model to model so have this in mind when you look at all the features of the models you are considering.
Some models have higher frequencies that give you a superior resolution, different beam angles etc. Be sure to purchase a transducer that has a frequency that is the same as your sonar measured in kHz.
The transducers are usually mounted at the stern of the boat, right in front of the engine and with no obstructions, which is very important. It is vital to select a transducer that suits your unique situation when it comes to installation on your boat.
Pay close attention to the way your unit is installed in your boat and transom mount transducers are usually associated with stern-drive and boats with outboard motors. Other types are mounted through the hull and as a rule, have to be a high-frequency model while others are mounted on your electric trolling motor.
Sonar Update Speed
In basic, the faster your sonar updates, the clearer and better your image and you will see a more detailed report on your screen. Also, notice that the deeper the penetration the slower the update speed and the shallower the speed will be faster. Certain models update the machine at 40 times per second in about 50 feet of water.
Some models have this great feature and thermoclines is simply the line where colder and warmer water meets. Some fishfinders show this and it is useful as some fish prefer colder water as some warmer. Identifying thermoclines are an important feature is you are hunting a specific species of fish and how they react during the day.
A fish finder is an essential tool and can be a costly investment in your fishing equipment so do your research properly and pick the best fish finder for your needs…