Garmin GPSMAP 431S GPS Dual Beam Combo FishFinder All I can say is this is probably the last review of Garmin Fishfinders, I will probably do. You really have to search the Internet to get any kind of Information from this manufacturer. This is a nice unit and Garmin is a good manufacturer of these kinds of products. There are good reviews from owners on this and is one of the reasons I decided to do this review.
- The Garmin GPSMAP 431S GPS Dual Beam Combo FishFinder is a compact chart plotter that features an ultra-bright 4″ QVGA color display along with an improved high-speed digital design for increased map drawing and panning speeds. It’s ready to go with a built-in, satellite-enhanced base map preloaded with U.S. Inland Lakes and an easy-to-use interface designed to help you navigate the open waters with ease. For areas outside the U.S., the Garmin GPSMAP 431S GPS Dual Beam Combo FishFinder has a worldwide base map with satellite images in place of more traditional maps.
- The GPSMAP 431s also accepts BlueChart® g2 Vision® cards for added features and functionality such as high-resolution satellite imagery, 3-D views, and Auto Guidance technology.
- The GPSMAP 431s also comes standard with a high-sensitivity GPS receiver for superior satellite tracking and quicker acquisition times. And with an SDTM card slot, it’s easy to add additional maps
- 11.3 x 8.4 x 5.5 inches ; 4.5 pounds
- Alarms for fish size, shallow water, deep water, and low battery
- Power output: 400 watts (RMS) 3200 watts (peak to peak), dual beam
- Tilt & Swivel Mount
- Simple Controls
- QVGA display
- Color Screen
- The clear screen that shows up well in any light conditions
- Screen Resolution (VxH) = 240 x 320
- Ultra-bright 4″ diagonal QVGA display, 240 x 320 pixels – over 800 nits of brightness
- High-speed processor for fast screen redraws and smooth panning
- Depth: 900 feet/300 meters (dual beam)
- UltraScroll high rep rate sonar provides lightning-fast screen updates
- Water temperature log graphically records water temp data
In the Box
- Garmin GPSMAP 431S GPS Dual Beam Combo FishFinder
- Tilt/swivel mount
- Protective front cover
- Power/data cable
- Dual beam transducer
Garmin GPSMAP 431S GPS Dual Beam Combo FishFinder Pros & Cons
- Preloaded with charts for over 14,000 U.S. lakes and navigable rivers
- Built-in high-sensitivity GPS receiver
- With an SD card slot, it’s easy to add additional maps without connecting to a computer
- Transducer wire is 25-30 ft long..Does not tell you this anywhere.
- Lacks the SD card
A question asked was will it show the coastal channels and waterways and the answer were The unit has an SD card slot, I recommend the purchase of a Nav Chart for the area that you are operating and you’ll have all the info you need. Out of the box, this is a great little unit for the price, but for serious navigation, get the add-on software maps.