Humminbird 140C Fishin Buddy If you’ve checked out any of the recent Humminbird 140C Fishin’ Buddy 3.5-Inch Waterproof Fishfinder reviews then you know you’re getting your money’s worth on this purchase. Even more discerning and professional anglers will be impressed by the feature list on this unit and its incredible accuracy. Combine that with its ease of use and you’ve got a winner on your hands. The fact that this one is quick and easy to install, is portable, and versatile make it an attractive purchase for most.
As the Humminbird 140C Fishin Buddy 3.5-Inch Waterproof Fishfinder reviews suggest this unit is highly portable. Use it on your boat, a friend’s boat, on the dock, or anywhere else you may be fishing from. There is no need for wiring, rigging, or a transducer to mount. Instead, the unit uses a 24″-40″ extendable transducer tube housing that will reach from the boat into the water. The length of the hose is suitable for most small to mid-sized fishing boats.
This lightweight unit weighs just 8.3 lbs, with a display screen size of 3.5 inches. It comes with a one-year limited warranty so you know your product is backed up by the manufacturer. The unit is able to read depths of up to 240 ft with a 256 color TFT. The unit is able to work for up to 30 hours, giving you plenty of time between charges. Temperature is included in the display screen information. In order to mount the fishfinder just use the ergonomic clamp mount. There is even a SideFinding sonar that is extremely accurate and strong so that you can point in any direction you want in order to find fish.
- Display size: 4 inches
- Display resolution: 240 x 160
- Display colors: 8 level grayscale
- Temperature: Yes
- Backlight: Yes
- Waterproof: Yes
- 200 kHz / 34° @ -10db
- 455 kHz / 10° @ -10db
- Depth: 240 ft.
- (240 ft Down, 120 ft Side)
In the Box
- Fishin’ Buddy Display unit
- 24″ mounting pole w/ transducer
- Mounting Clamp
- Owner’s manual
140C Fishin’ Buddy
Humminbird 140C Fishin Buddy Pros & Cons
- There was no shortage of pros on this unit as consumers have plenty to say when you look at reviews. What seems to strike them the most is the fact that the features you are given, the accuracy, and ease of use are features you would tend to find in much more expensive units. This portable and reasonably priced unit is basic in design but follows through on its promises. If you plan to be using the unit in different places all the time, this is a great option since it is so portable and easy to mount. Consumers have also commented on how well the unit stands up even after constant and repeated use.
- What acts as a pro can also be a con for some consumers that found this unit too basic in its information and features. If you’re looking for something that goes further than the basic depth, water temperature, fish, bottom, and fish readings then you’ll need to move up a category. A couple of consumers also had problems with the clamp mount that comes with the unit.
Where this unit really stands out is in its versatility and ease of use. Use it on any kind of boat, floating device, or dock to help you make catches each and every time.