Humminbird PiranhaMAX 150: I’m always amazed at the products from the Humminbird Manufacture. Don’t let the low price fool you or keep you from taking a good look, this little baby has all the features you need to find the big ones where you fish.
It has many features you would expect to find on the more expensive models out there. Don’t let this one get by without at least looking at the review. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.
- Fishfinder with four-inch, four-level grayscale display with 160 x 128-pixel resolution.
- Single-beam sonar with 20-degree beam and 800 watts PTP power output; coverage equal to 1/3 depth
- Transom-mount transducer included; one-year warranty
- 100 Watt, 200KHz Fishfinder
- 4-Inch, 4 level greyscale LCD
- 160V x 128H pixel resolution
- Includes transom mount transducer
- Programmable fish and depth alarms (fish alarm works together with Fish ID+)
- Fish ID+ interprets sonar returns and displays Fish Symbol when requirements are met
Fish ID+ uses advanced sonar processing to interpret sonar returns and displays a Fish Symbol when very selective requirements are met. When a fish is detected, a fish icon and its depth are displayed above the return that has been classified as being a fish. Three different fish icons represent the intensity of the sonar return, and provide an indicator of relative fish size.this is amazing technology.
Single Beam Sonar: A narrow, 20° beam delivers precise returns, focusing on the bottom, and fish holding close to the structure, for the best possible image. Coverage is equal to an area one-third of your depth.
Humminbird PiranhaMAX 150 Transducer
- Transducer Included
- Model: XNT-9-20-T
- Mounting Type: Inside Hull or Transom
- Temperature: Included
- Cable is a generous 30 feet
Maximum depth is 600′
The Display size on this unit is a nice 4inch, 4 level grayscale LCD
About the 4-Inch Grayscale Display: The Humminbird PiranhaMAX 150 features a four-inch, four-level grayscale display with 160 x 128-pixel resolution, so you get a good view of the action–even in direct sunlight. Great feature for these aging eyes.
- 160V x 128H pixel resolution
- Backlighted for night time viewing
- Simple Fish finding
- The PiranhaMAX extremely easy to use. For most anglers, all you’ll ever need to do is power on and fish.
- The PiranhaMAX automatically determines depth and makes adjustments to keep the bottom and fish visible on the display. What could be easier, heck, even I can do this.
- One touch. That’s all it takes to get easy access to all the advanced features of the PiranhaMAX Series fish finders. Fish ID+, fish alarms, depth alarms, zoom and more-and start putting more fish in your live well
Frequency, Watts, Power, and Cables
- 100 Watts (RMS Output)
- 800 Watts (Peak-to-Peak Output)
- 10-20 VDC (Input)
Alarms and Alerts
Fish and Depth Alarms
When Fish ID+ is on, you can set an alarm to sound when the PiranhaMAX detects fish that correspond to your settings. You can also set a depth alarm from 3 to 99 feet–an audible alarm sounds when the depth is equal to or less than the setting.
Inside Hull or Transom
16 x 6.2 x 11.5 inches
Humminbird PiranhaMAX 150 Pros & Cons
- Users of this Hummingbird Fish finder are commenting on the ease of use and the great price.
- Another tells of an easy Install which makes me happy.
- One user says it is hard to see the screen when the temperature goes above 90, Actually above 90 and I’m home in A.C. lol
I honestly feel this is a very nice unit with a lot of features found on only expensive models and would have no problem recommending this to a friend.
In the Box
- Humminbird PiranhaMAX 150
- Mounting Bracket
- Transom Mount Transducer
- Installation Hardware/Cables
- Owner’s Manual
- Power cord