Humminbird PiranhaMax 230 PT Portable Fishfinder: I feel this is truly the most versatile, Humminbird PiranhaMax 230 on the Market today. It can even be used without a boat which is a big selling point for me as sometimes I like to just get out on the shoreline for some relaxing fishing.
How clear are the images produced by the Humminbird PiranhaMax 230 Portable Fish Finder? The device has a 4-inch FSTN LCD display which has a very good picture quality fish finder.
It has 160 x 132 lines of resolution. This is one of the highest resolutions among the different products available on the market at present. I was very impressed.
I couldn’t wait to give my review of the Humminbird PiranhaMax 230 as I feel it has just about everything you could want in a great product, plus it’s portable!
First the Portable Features for the Humminbird PiranhaMax Fish Finder
- Goes anywhere, and offers incredible ease of use with true, grayscale images and convenient features.
- Dual 20-degree and 60-degree sonar beams, and 90-degree single-beam wireless sonar.
- 600-foot depth for dual-beams, 120-foot depth for wireless, and provides a target separation of only 2.5 inches
- 4-inch FSTN LCD display with 160 x 132 lines of resolution in 4-level grayscale
- Comes with XHS 9 20 T suction-cup mount transducer, and a 1-year limited warranty
- The smartcast wireless system to locate fish under docks or anywhere you can cast the SmartCast Advanced Remote Sensor(RSS).
- Dual- Beam20-degree and 60-degree sonar
- 200 kHz and 83 kHz frequencies to a depth of 600 feet
- SmartCast 90-degree single-beam wireless sonar with an operating range of 100 feet to a depth of 120 feet
- Comes with XHS 9 20 T suction-cup mount transducer
- High-speed, micro dynamic transducer
- Suction cup transducer
SmarCast is a 90-degree angle beam wireless sonar. With this feature, you can detect fish and explore the river, lake or sea to a depth between 100 feet and 120 feet.
- High-definition, 4-inch FSTN LCD display with 160 x 132 lines of resolution in 4-level grayscale.
- The RSS includes a 4 level Grayscale sonar, water surface temperature readings and a programmable light for night fishing.
- The portable unit’s 60-degree Dual Beam sonar is optimized for bottom and structure clarity with wide coverage and up to 600 feet of depth capability.
- 3 level backlight for night fishing
- Big, easy to see digital readouts which I really love so I don’t have to go for the glasses.
- Display Pixel Matrix: 160V x 132H
Easy One-Touch control that accesses its full set of advanced functions
Frequency, Watts, Power, and Cables
- 8 easily available AA batteries
- Built-in transducer cable wrap with cover
- 800 Watts peak to peak (100 Watts RMS) power output
- Battery monitor with a low battery alarm
Alarms and Alerts
Fish alarm, depth alarm, zoom, sensitivity, depth range, a bottom view and chart speed controls
- No rigging or wiring necessary
- Portable Clamp
- Transducer Mounting: Suction Cup
10 x 8 x 4 inches
In the Box
Humminbird PiranhaMax 230 Portable FishFinder with carrying case, Humminbird XHS 9 20 T transducer, 20-foot transducer cable with wrap and cover, the suction-cup transducer mount, user’s manual and warranty information.
Operating Manual:Humminbird PiranhaMax 230 PT Portable Fish Finder Manual
Humminbird PiranhaMax 230 PT
Humminbird PiranhaMax 230 PT Portable FishFinder Pros & Cons
Humminbird PiranhaMax 230 Pros
- Duel Beam is a very big selling point for many of the users.
- RF45 RSS is included, The reason I mention this is some of the material I have read says it is not included Great with a boat or just fishing from the shore, most versatile.
- Ease of set up.
- The alarm is loud enough even for my bad hearing
- Batteries are long-lasting…A user states that he used all day and still on the first set.
- The suction cup is awesome, don’t worry about it falling off
Humminbird PiranhaMax 230 Cons
- Honestly, I searched just about everywhere I could find and couldn’t find one thing wrong being said.
In conclusion, I can honestly say you would not be disappointed with the Humminbird PiranhaMax 230. Highly recommended.
It is one of the very few that I couldn’t find any bad reviews on.